Sunday 23 January 2011

MY DOC MARTINS.

I wear Doc Martins 8 hole dress boots in black most of the time. Don't get me wrong, I love women's shoes but most are not the shape of my foot, so I may do a photo shoot in heels but for everyday?  No. I like my feet.  They do not narrow to a point in the middle and I refuse to ask them to do so. I take a size 4/37 so I can buy boys boots and save on VAT.  Also they don't expect boys feet to come to a point.  I have been wearing boys shoes since the seventies because I saw my mother-in-law's feet and what ill-fitting shoes could do.

The funny thing about the Docs is that people, men in particular, get all rhapsodical about it.  I went to a friend's the other day and this friend of his kept going on about it with a maniacal gleam in his eye.  Very unnerving.   Does it mean something to wear Docs?  I do it just because it is comfortable.

Plus you never know when you might have to kick someone or make a run for it, or both. Be prepared, that's my motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment