Monday 15 April 2013

DO IT NOW!!!

I did an online test to see if I still had depression.  I have weaned myself off Prozac over the last few months and am at sixes and sevens as to my condition. Sluggish is a good description, so I did the test. This is what I got:-

Major Depression: High
Dysthymia: Very High
Bipolar Disorder: Extremely High
Cyclothymia: High
Seasonal Affective Disorder: Slight-Moderate

I don't know what Dysthymia or Cyclothymia are so I guess I'll look them up.

As all of us with mental health issues know, there is no help for us from the NHS. Mental health units have been closing all over, so what to do?  Well, I have studied psychology, mostly child psychology, so I have a grounding - I'm gonna have to help myself.  

Apathy is my main enemy and one I have recently started to take on. I want to do things but have a problem ACTUALLY doing them. "I'll do that in a minute," is a constant refrain in my mind; of course that 'minute' seldom comes.  So I've started telling myself sternly to "DO IT NOW!" And I'm trying to make myself complete one task at a time., otherwise I have lots of half finished tasks on my hands, which leads to frustration and more apathy. 

Today my outdoor task is to go to the loan shop and borrow some cash, get some shopping and put £30 in bank to cover outgoings. I'm hoping the DWP sort my money out by next week or I'm up the creek without a paddle, in a sinking boat with only a colander to bail me out... 

However, I'll worry about that next week if I have to. I am not allowing myself to worry about things I can't do anything about. For now I have to print a bank statement and go get some cash.

Guess I'd better DO IT NOW!!!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment