Tuesday 24 April 2012

TUESDAY 23 04 2012

I went to the dentist. It was awful. I was expecting to have a tooth taken out on the left side. I hate injections so I was pretty tense. The dentist lowered the chair back til I was almost horizontal and began.


She held the needle up and then pulled my lip back. But she was doing it on the right!!! I felt the panic start. I tried to breathe but I couldn't. Against my own volition I was grabbing the dentist's arm, trying to pull the needle out.


The assistant grabbed my arm gently to stop me.
"Just breathe, it won't be long," the dentist kept saying. 
I tried but my body wasn't having it. I was up on my heels and shoulders trying to push myself off the top of the chair. I was having a flashback!


With a tremendous effort of will, I made myself breathe deeply, stopped struggling, but could not let go of her - the dentist's - arm til the needle was out.


It turned out I was not having the tooth out that time but a tiny filling on the right. re-action set in as she was doing the filling, I started to giggle uncontrollably. Then I actually dozed off for a minute and had to shake myself awake. 


I was so glad to get out of there...



No comments:

Post a Comment